Just Chatting overtakes League of Legends while Worlds 2020 is winding down. Top three categories still hold large gap over rest of the field.
Just Chatting has continuously been one of the most popular categories week-over-week and has grown 119% in total hours watched this year. Streaming platforms moving beyond gaming content has played to Just Chatting’s strength as engaging, personable streams. League of Legends dipped to second place likely due to less games played in the Semi-Finals stage of Worlds 2020 compared to the previous stage last week. Among Us was back to increasing its viewership and retaining third place while closing in on League of Legends fairly quickly.
Top Growing Titles:
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare rose 29% in hours watched likely linked to the Haunting of Verdansk Halloween event in Warzone.
- CS:GO battles back into the top ten with a 7% increase reaching 17M hours watched last week.
- Just Chatting climbed 4% in hours watched in addition to a 18% growth in peak audience.
Top Declining Titles:
- League of Legends fell 11% with less esports content to be consumed. However, Worlds 2020 Finals takes place this weekend which will likely cause a large spike in viewership.
- GTA V dropped 8% almost moving the title out of the top ten. This has been the lowest ranking for GTA V in several weeks.
- Garena Free Fire still holds the top spot for mobile games but declined 7% last week in hours watched.