TL;DR: League of Legends continues to climb but Fortnite and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare reached a higher peak viewer count.
League of Legends, the biggest esports title in the world, extended it lead as the most watched game across Twitch, YouTube Gaming, and Facebook Gaming as the Summer Split playoffs rage on. A steady stream of Just Chatting content kept the category close on the heels of League of Legends and over the 40M hours watched mark. Fortnite rocketed up the charts with the release of its new season as Epic Games’ prized title reached third on the list.
Top Growing Titles:
- Fortnite jumped over 35% in hours watched and reached a peak concurrency of about 1.5M viewers. Fortnite fans, both new and old, tuned in to check out what the new season would bring but it was met with some harsh feedback. If the title can retain its viewers throughout the season, it’s primed to keep a top three spot on the list.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare increased almost 16% in hours watched and also had the largest growth in peak viewers at about 272%! The game peaked at almost 1.7M viewers largely due to the biggest Warzone tournament yet hosted by Vikkstar123.
- Garena Free fire saw an increase of over 11% in total hours watched as Free Fire Masters and Free Fire Arab Leagues are currently mid-season and generating solid viewership.
Top Declining Titles:
- Is Fall Guys just a flash in the pan or does it have true staying power? With a decline of over 19% in hours watched, viewers seem to be choosing other content to watch. However, the game’s peak concurrency was just south of 1M likely due to the Twitch Rivals event featuring the game.
- Grand Theft Auto V dropped almost 4% in hours watched and 19% in peak concurrency. Rockstar’s hit game has been in the spotlight since its release in 2013 as it often sees waves of content come and go affecting the title’s viewership.
- PUBG Mobile was the only other game on the list to decline in total hours watched after dropping 0.1%. Holding onto fourth place, the game is fairly stable and continues to generate massive viewership for a mobile game on North American streaming platforms.