One of the biggest growing trends this past year has been the growth of non-gaming live streaming content. When the global shutdown put a pause on live events, music and sports were just some of the industries that utilized live streaming to adapt to virtual audiences.
The communal, interactive nature of live streaming provides the audience with real time engagement and a more accessible venue compared to in-person events. A potentially larger audience and easy integration make live streaming platforms a great long-term home for these industries.
Here are key insights:
- Since the creation of the “Music” category on Twitch, the genre has generated over 250M watch hours.
- Non-gaming Twitch channels have produced over 4B hours watched since 2020.
- The “Sports” category on Twitch is the 3rd most popular non-gaming category in 2021 so far. Since 2020, “Sports” has generated over 108M hours watched.
THE INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR LIVE STREAM MEASUREMENT
Stream Hatchet’s focused on connecting real time data to trends across the gaming world, with the goal of maximizing content insights across the video games and esports industry. Our new Pro platform is robustly built with the key tools for running marketing activations on live streaming platforms.
Stream Hatchet’s Pro platform can:
- Track game trends and evaluate what platforms the viewership is coming from
- Query stream titles or chat messages for easy ROI analysis and footprint
- Provide rankings of all esports events and associated channel viewership
Ready to enhance your go-to marketing strategy with Stream Hatchet? Get started with a free trial today HERE.