2023 Brawl Stars Championship Finals: A New Era in Mobile Gaming Esports

The Brawl Stars Championship Finals have once again taken the esports world by storm, especially in the realm of mobile games. With an astounding 2.9 million hours watched, this year’s event not only surpassed previous years’ viewership but also solidified Brawl Stars’ position as a frontrunner in mobile gaming esports.

Surging Popularity and Engagement

This year’s finals saw a remarkable 45% increase in viewership hours watched compared to 2021, and a 10% rise from 2022’s results. The event peaked at 253K viewers, up 21% from 2021, and it averaged 156K viewers, 18% up from 2021.

These numbers are more than just impressive statistics; they represent the growing appeal and engagement of Brawl Stars within the gaming community. The Championship’s success is a testament to the game’s captivating gameplay and the thriving community it has built over the years.

Almost 90% of the event was watched on Twitch, with the remaining 10% on YouTube Gaming. Over half of the viewership was from user-generated content by co-streamers. Spanish-speaking creator SpuikBS generated the most hours watched from outside of the official broadcast with 763K hours.

Most of the event viewership was in English, at almost half (1.35M hours watched). Spanish was the second most-watched language, and Portuguese came in third. 

Championship Dynamics

The Brawl Stars Championship Finals showcased the best talent from around the globe, with players engaging in strategic battles that kept the audience on the edge of their seats. The mix of skill, strategy, and the fast-paced nature of the game made for an enthralling viewing experience.

Setting New Standards in Mobile Esports

The Brawl Stars Championship Finals are not just a celebration of competition; they are a showcase of the potential and excitement of mobile esports. The event’s growing viewership and engagement levels are indicative of the broader trend of mobile games gaining prominence in the esports sector.

Conclusion

The Brawl Stars Championship Finals have set a new benchmark in mobile gaming esports. The substantial growth in viewership highlights the game’s increasing popularity and the potential of mobile games in the competitive gaming landscape.

As Brawl Stars continues to captivate audiences and players, it paves the way for the future of mobile esports, promising even more excitement and growth in the years to come.

Sign up for a free trial of Stream Hatchet’s analytics dashboard to get live-streaming data: