Not much has changed from the previous most watched live streaming categories. Just Chatting, League of Legends, and GTA V remain at the top and each grew in total peak viewers. The only title not in the prior top ten was Rust which replaced FIFA 21.
Of the top ten categories, four are battle royales (Fortnite, Garena Free Fire, PUBG Mobile, and COD: Warzone). The massive lobbies resulting in one winner clearly create the engaging content viewers are seeking. The key to the genres success could be linked to constant updates and changing metas keeping the games fresh. Though, that could be said for every game in the top ten considering the only game released in the past year on the list was VALORANT. All others have had to continuously generate interest to sustain their player base over many years.
Additionally, many of the top categories have had extremely successful esports events ranging from publisher sanctioned leagues to one-off branded tournaments. Games like League of Legends, COD: Warzone, VALORNT, and even Minecraft have been the focus of many events; generating substantial viewership.
Moving forward, it may be hard to dethrone Just Chatting and League of Legends from the top two spots. However, third place is likely up for grabs since GTA V is simply trending higher than usual. VALORANT may be primed to climb with the beginning of its esports season. Games like Fortnite and COD: Warzone may also make some moves in the upcoming weeks.
Be sure to check back in next week for the latest rankings of the most watched live streaming categories!
Top Growing Titles:
- Rust slid into the top ten with a 42% increase in hours watched reaching 17M in total.
- GTA V grew yet again to retain third place after a 27% spike in hours watched.
- VALORANT jumped to 19M hours watched after an 8% growth from the previous week.
Top Declining Titles:
- PUBG Mobile fell 10% dropping to 7th place with 24M total hours watched.
- Minecraft declined by 5% to 26M hours watched to barely miss the top five categories. But, the game managed to reach 1.4M peak viewers!
- COD: Warzone only dropped 2% but held onto 8th place with 21M total hours watched.
Subscribe to our newsletter for weekly live streaming insights, data, trends, and more: